LIVE Transfer Talk: Liverpool open to Coutinho return?

Barcelona, Blog - Transfer Talk, Blog Post, Clubs, Liverpool, Philippe Coutinho, Transfers

The European transfer window is open. Click here to review all the latest transfers, and keep up to date with the latest gossip below.

Top free agents in 2020 | What do Europe’s elite need?

TOP STORY: Coutinho to return to Anfield?

Philippe Coutinho could make a remarkable return to Liverpool this summer, if the Mirror is to be believed.

The paper, citing reports in France, has confirmed that the Champions League winners have “opened the door” on negotiations to bring the Brazil international back to Anfield just 18 months after his £142 million move to Barcelona.

The 27-year-old, previously seen as the successor to Andres Iniesta, hasn’t integrated well into Ernesto Valverde’s setup and has gradually fallen down the pecking order at the Nou Camp.

Now, with both Neymar and Antoine Griezmann potentially set to sign with Barca, cashing in on Coutinho is a top priority for the Catalans.

Will Liverpool be willing to part with an eye-watering amount of money to bring a player back to a club he abandoned not two seasons prior? The ball is in Jurgen Klopp’s court.

LIVE BLOG

08.31 BST: Juventus REALLY love a free transfer, don’t they?

08.14 BST: Clubs are also releasing players, from loans or even from their contracts. Chelsea won’t be keeping Gonzalo Higuain, as they say here, so he’s going back to Juventus where he will meet up again with manager Maurizio Sarri.

08.00 BST: Welcome to July 1, the day when the window in Europe opens. That means there are plenty of deals to get the rubber stamp and you can read those here.

One such is Inter Milan’s capture of Diego Godin from Atletico Madrid on a free transfer.

Antonio Conte loves a good defender, and he’s got one now.

PAPER TALK (by James Capps)

United not giving up on Ndombele deal

Sources have told ESPN that Tottenham have agreed a €62 million deal for Tanguy Ndombele, but L’Equipe says Manchester United could still hijack the move.

Mauricio Pochettino’s Spurs have agreed a fee with their Ligue 1 counterparts for 22-year-old Ndombele but have so far yet to finalise personal terms with the six-cap France international, leaving the door ajar for United to make a last-ditch move.

Such a move depends on the future of Ndombele’s international colleague Paul Pogba, who continues to be linked with a move to Real Madrid, and he would have to depart Old Trafford to make way for a new arrival in the heart of midfield.

Ndombele is unlikely to be willing to wait for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, however, after Pochettino impressed him during initial talks at Spurs’ training ground.

Barca like the look of Lautaro

Marca claims Barcelona are keen on Inter Milan striker Lautaro Martinez following the Argentine’s impressive form at Copa America.

The 21-year-old had an uninspiring season in front of goal at the San Siro, netting just six times in 27 Serie A appearances, but two goals in three games at Copa America have impressed Barca chiefs. Martinez’s impressive chemistry with Lionel Messi in the tournament thus far has also made a compelling case that he could seamlessly fit into the Nou Camp setup.

According to reports, the La Liga champions would be willing to pay up to €112 million for Lautaro, and the club have already made contact with Martinez’s agent regarding a move.

A hefty transfer price tag would be great news for Martinez’s former side, Racing Club, with the Buenos Aires club set to pocket 10% of the fee, thanks to a sell-on clause in the deal that took Martinez to Inter.

Conte closes in on Lazaro swoop

Inter Milan are closing in on the signing of midfielder Valentino Lazaro from Hertha Berlin, according to Calciomercato.

Italian sources claim the Austria international has arrived in Milan for a medical ahead of signing a five-year, €7.5 million deal at the San Siro.

The 23-year-old has impressed in the Bundesliga after signing on a permanent basis from Red Bull Salzburg a year ago and was involved in 10 goals in 31 league appearances in Germany. That form caught the eye of Antonio Conte, who made the midfielder one of his top transfer targets upon his arrival as the Nerazzurri’s new manager at the end of May.

The fee for Lazaro is believed to be in the region of €22 million, and the deal is unlikely to be the last of what is expected to be a busy summer of arrivals on the blue side of Milan.

Tap-ins

AS claims that Leganes are one of a host of European clubs chasing the signature of Cagliari forward Diego Farias. Fiorentina, Sassuolo and Lecce are also believed to be interested in the Brazilian, who could be available for around €6 million.

— Barcelona’s summer overhaul is set to continue on Monday, with the Mirror reporting that four more players will leave the Nou Camp at the start of the week. Former Arsenal defender Thomas Vermaelen and Brazilian Douglas Pereira are leaving on free transfers, and the club have decided not to take up permanent deals on loan duo Kevin-Prince Boateng and Jeison Murillo.

Products You May Like

Articles You May Like

How Giroud surpassed Henry’s France goal record
Pele responding well to treatment for respiratory infection – hospital
Real, Barca to boycott Dubai LaLiga summit
LaLiga wants Juve sanctions after board resign
Sources: Pele had COVID before going to hospital

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *