The transfer window is open. Click here to review all the latest transfers. And keep up to date with the latest gossip below.
TOP STORY: Man United back for Sancho if Pogba, Lukaku depart
Sources have told ESPN that Manchester United only have £100m to spend this summer, but if they are able to ship out some star players then they’ll have a bit more.
United were keen on Borussia Dortmund and England winger Jadon Sancho but were put off by his £100m pricetag. Yet that seems to be about to change as the club consider selling Romelu Lukaku or Paul Pogba.
The Sun claim that with an extra £100m in the kitty after one of those depart, United would be able to splash the cash on Sancho — with the 19-year-old fitting into Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s plans of buying young players with plenty of potential.
Inter are keen on landing Lukaku for £75m, while Pogba has been linked with a return to Juventus or a move to Real Madrid and claimed earlier this month he wanted “a new challenge” – but sources have told ESPN that the club expect him to remain at Old Trafford next season.
On the plus side, it’s not the €100m that Lazio were demanding last summer, but Blicsport in Serbia also report PSG’s interest in the Serbia midfielder so they must be pretty serious about him.
08.50 BST: Reported Liverpool, Tottenham and Manchester United target Bruno Fernandes has sparked rumours he could leave Sporting Lisbon this summer after posting an enigmatic message on Instagram.
The Portugal international, who is under contract with Sporting until June 2023 and has a €100 million release clause, shared several videos of his successful season at Sporting with the message: “An unforgettable time! The achievements in the league cup and in the Portuguese cup at collective level, crowned with a personal record! The top scoring midfielder in Europe in recent years. Thank you all for your contributions. Without you this would not be possible.”
08.10 BST: Good morning and welcome to Tuesday’s Transfer Talk live blog. We kick off with news of more uncertainty at Chelsea where Mateo Kovacic is set to leave the club following his season-long loan spell.
Kovacic could stay despite the transfer ban because he is already registered as a Chelsea player and former boss Sarri wanted the Croatia international to remain but his future is in doubt.
PAPER TALK (by James Capps)
Trippier at heart of full-back merry-go-round
New Juve boss Maurizio Sarri was impressed with the 28-year-old while in charge at Chelsea last season, and has identified the former Burnley man as an ideal replacement for the potentially outgoing Joao Cancelo, who is attracting interest from Premier League champions Manchester City.
Another ex-Chelsea boss interested in signing Trippier is Napoli manager Carlo Ancelotti, and the 60-year-old has already opened talks with Spurs chiefs, who have indicated their willingness to sell the England international for around £25 million.
Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino also has Serge Aurier and Kyle Walker-Peters vying for the right-back berth in north London, and any funds from Trippier’s sale would represent a welcome boost to the Argentinian’s summer transfer kitty as he looks to close the gap on the Premier League summit.
PSG close in on Sarabia swoop
Sevilla sporting director Monchi tried in vain to keep hold of his prized Spaniard, but the 27-year-old has been swayed by a highly lucrative offer from the French champions, and a move is expected to be completed in a matter of days.
Reports claim there was interest in the former Real Madrid youth player from Barcelona, Valencia, and Atletico Madrid, but none of the domestic offers came close to what was on the table from Thomas Tuchel’s side.
Sarabia is expected to sign a five-year deal with the Ligue 1 winners following a superb season that has seen him score 23 goals and provide a further 19 assists in all competitions.
Trio in the hunt for Real’s Theo
The 21-year-old spent last season on loan at Real Sociedad, making 22 appearances for the Basque club, and the former Atletico Madrid trainee doesn’t feature in the plans of Real boss Zinedine Zidane for next season either.
Bayer Leverkusen are believed to be the club who have made the most pressing efforts to sign Hernandez, but a meeting between the player and AC Milan sporting director Paolo Maldini have impressed the left-back.
Napoli are also rumoured to be interested in a move, but they are currently prioritising talks with Madrid over a deal to sign Colombian playmaker James Rodriguez, who has just completed a two-year loan at Bayern Munich.
– Arsenal are plotting a move for Borussia Dortmund defender Dan-Axel Zagadou, according to reports in The Mirror. The Bundesliga runners-up could be tempted to sell the towering centre-half after bolstering their defensive ranks with the signing of Bayern Munich’s Mats Hummels in a £30 million deal last week.
– AC Milan chiefs are locked in talks with representatives of Stuttgart defender Ozan Kabak, as they look to beat Bayern Munich to the signing of the 19-year-old central defender. The Turkey youth international is available for a relatively modest fee of €15 million, according to reports at Calciomercato.
- Marca claims Atletico Madrid are considering alternatives in their pursuit of a new centre-back, after becoming frustrated in their attempts to sign Espanyol’s Mario Hermoso. Ajax’s Daley Blind and Nicolas Otamendi of Manchester City are rumoured to be the back-up options if they fail to land €40-million-rated Hermoso.