The Premier League transfer window is open. Click here to review all the latest transfers and, below, keep up to date with the latest gossip
TOP STORY: Lloris to replace De Gea at Man United if he moves to PSG
The theory is that the £20m would compensate De Gea for the year left on his contract, allowing a large transfer fee to be paid now rather than United losing him on a free next season. Sources have told ESPN that PSG are the main contenders to land him in the summer.
Why United or PSG would be interested in doing this as opposed to waiting a year is beyond us, but the story also says Tottenham goalkeeper Hugo Lloris is the No. 1 alternative to replace the Spain international should he depart.
Yes, Tottenham would require a similar transfer fee, but United would at least get a quality replacement who has plenty of experience in the Premier League.
22.46 BST: We’ll bring Monday’s live edition of Transfer Talk to a close with some news from Merseyside. Goal reports that Yannick Bolasie is set to leave Everton this summer, with Turkish trio Galatasaray, Besiktas and Trabzonspor all seeking to secure the signature of the 30-year-old.
21.59 BST: Pachuca midfielder Victor Guzman could be the latest Mexico international to move to Porto, with Record reporting that the Portuguese club has made an offer for the 24-year-old. However, the same outlet says that Pachuca isn’t satisfied with the initial offer and that Porto will have to increase it if “Pocho” is to leave.
21.12 BST: Earlier in the day, we brought you a report suggesting that Juventus were prepared to sell off four players to finance a move for Paul Pogba. Now Calciomercato is citing Corriere dello Sport as reporting that Juve sporting director Fabio Paratici met with Pogba last week and agreed personal terms with the World Cup winner, and that some combination of Paulo Dybala, Douglas Costa and Joao Cancelo and cash will be offered to Manchester United.
20.25 BST: Fearful of blocking the path to the first team of Rhian Brewster and having been impressed by Divock Origi‘s cameos this season, Liverpool have decided against signing Werder Bremen forward Max Kruse to replace the departed Daniel Sturridge as backup for Roberto Firmino and Mohamed Salah, according to the Liverpool Echo.
19.38 BST: Metro cites Il Roma as reporting that PSV have received a €45m offer for Mexico international Hirving “Chucky” Lozano — a figure they find agreeable — from Napoli, but the deal has not gone ahead because the 23-year-old has his heart set on a move to Manchester United. Agent Mino Raiola is attempting to steer his client toward the Partenopei or Paris Saint-Germain — who also reportedly have expressed their interest of late — instead of Old Trafford, where United’s brass has only given the slightest hint of interest in Lozano.
18.51 BST: Atletico Madrid midfielder Rodri has made up his mind to leave the club, AS writes, with the 22-year-old reportedly not satisfied by the style of play under manager Diego Simeone. The report states that Manchester City have already offered Rodri a contract worth €8m a season, which he could sign as soon as the Premier League champions trigger his €70m buyout clause, while Bayern Munich are also said to be interested.
18.04 BST: Meanwhile, the Mirror cites Tuttomeracto as reporting that Juventus will need to do some selling of their own if they’re to afford a Paul Pogba homecoming in Turin, stating that the Bianconeri need to raise €110m in order to afford any deal for Pogba, and that the Italian giants intend to offload Mario Mandzukic, Joao Cancelo, Juan Cuadrado and Mattia Perin to make it happen.
17.17 BST: Real Madrid will only sign either Paul Pogba or Christian Eriksen this summer if they can raise €150m in sales, according to the Mail, but the club has yet to receive an offer for their three most valuable potential outgoings: Gareth Bale, James Rodriguez and Keylor Navas.
16.30 BST: And staying with the Gunners, the Mirror reports that Bournemouth winger Ryan Fraser has said he is “unsure” about his future and adds that Arsenal, who have long been linked with him, are preparing “to step up their pursuit with an opening bid.”
15.55 BST: Reports in Italy suggest that Arsenal have had an offer of around £43m for Sampdoria defender Joachim Andersen and midfielder Dennis Praet rejected, with the Serie A club looking for some £6m more than that.
15.23 BST: Bundesliga club Schalke have signed Everton right-back Jonjoe Kenny on a season-long loan deal, and he will join them when preseason training begins later in the summer.
— FC Schalke 04 (@s04_en) June 10, 2019
15.20 BST: Rangers boss Steven Gerrard is “closing in” on a move to bring winger Ryan Kent in on loan from his old club Liverpool for a second successive season, the Mail reports. It adds that Gerrard is also interested in signing Charlton midfielder Joe Aribo.
14.55 BST: Manchester City clearly want to get involved in long throws in the near future, as DerbyshireLive reports they are closing in on Derby U18’s Liam Delap, the son of former Stoke City defender Rory.
OK, Delap Jr. isn’t like his father at all. In fact, the England under-16 striker won the Golden Boot at the recent Mercedes Benz Aegean Tournament in Turkey earlier this year.
14.23 BST: Atletico Madrid goalkeeper Jan Oblak wants to leave in the summer following broken promises over his future — and the boyhood Manchester United fan favours a move to Old Trafford over Paris Saint-Germain, a source has told ESPN FC.
Last week, Oblak voiced concerns about Atletico’s competitiveness, with star forward Antoine Griezmann set to leave and Lucas Hernandez, Diego Godin, Filipe Luis and Juanfran also departing.
Oblak wants Atleti to match his ambition and is considering his options, with PSG also in the running after the club announced Gianluigi Buffon would leave in the summer.
However, a source told ESPN FC that United are ahead in the chase for Oblak, despite the fact they will not be playing in the Champions League next season. The source said the 26-year-old wants to play in the Premier League.
13.57 BST: After England defender Danny Rose said he could be on his way out of Spurs in the summer, the Manchester Evening News says Manchester United — linked with Rose last year — “might be tempted to revive their interest.”
13.24 BST: Newly-promoted Norwich are being linked with a potential move for Metz midfielder Vincent Thill, the Eastern Daily Press reports.
12.36 BST: More from Chelsea now, where the London Evening Standard reports that plans to sign loan midfielder Mateo Kovacic from Real Madrid on a permanent basis are in the balance with manager Maurizio Sarri set to leave. The paper says Chelsea are “having second thoughts” about a deal, which could go through even if their transfer ban is upheld.
12.04 BST: Barcelona are ready to make a final push to sign Ajax centre-back Matthijs de Ligt this week by re-opening talks with his agent Mino Raiola, sources have told ESPN FC.
Barca thought they had an agreement in place with De Ligt in March, but have seen their offer bettered by clubs including Paris Saint-Germain, who believe they are leading the race.
11.26 BST: Recent reports have linked Germany international Julian Draxler with a move to Tottenham, but he has said he does not want to move away from Paris Saint-Germain. “I cannot say anything about transfer rumours as I have no intention of leaving PSG,” he told German newspaper Bild.
11.06 BST: Aston Villa, back in the Premier League after their playoff final win over Derby, have made the loan signing of Lille’s Netherlands international winger Anwar El Ghazi into a permanent deal. “He’s ready for the step up to the Premier League,” boss Dean Smith said. “He’s a young player who has an awful lot of potential.”
He’s back! 👊
— Aston Villa (@AVFCOfficial) June 10, 2019
10.53 BST: Antoine Griezmann has told French TV show Telematin that he knows which he club he wants to join, but asked for “patience” while his future is decided.
Griezmann told Atletico Madrid he will move on in the summer, with a club set to pay his release clause when it drops to €120m on July 1.
Sources have told ESPN FC that Barcelona are interested in the France forward, who turned them down last summer, but no decision on whether to trigger the clause this year has been made.
Reports in Spain have claimed Griezmann is now set to join Paris Saint-Germain, and the World Cup winner said he would reveal where he was going soon.
“I know where I want to go and the sacrifices I will have to make,” Griezmann said. “I just ask for a bit of patience, and soon I will be delighted to say.”
10.27 BST: Former Bayern Munich full-back Rafinha has announced on social media that he has signed a two-year-deal with Flamengo.
The 33-year-old leaves Europe after 14 years and more than 500 competitive appearances — including 332 Bundesliga games for Schalke and Bayern — and also made 34 Serie A appearances for Genoa, where he played before joining Bayern.
10.18 BST: Defender Samuel Umtiti, linked with PSG and Manchester United, says he will stay at Barcelona. We’ll see if he still has the same opinion if Matthijs de Ligt arrives from Ajax this summer.
09.48 BST: Manchester United have been told they will need to double their transfer record for a defender if they want to sign Aaron Wan-Bissaka after their opening bid was rejected by Crystal Palace, sources have told ESPN FC.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is targeting the right-back as part of his summer overhaul but United have seen an initial offer of £35m, plus £5m in add-ons, turned down.
Palace believe they are in a strong negotiating position after securing Wan-Bissaka on a contract until 2022. The 21-year-old has also stated publicly he is happy to stay at Selhurst Park next season.
09.23 BST: Inter Milan midfielder Radja Nainggolan has said he does not expect to leave the Serie A club in the summer, even though Luciano Spalletti is no longer his coach.
“Spalletti is a special person for me and I’ve always been happy with him, but this will be something new for me now,” he said to Sky Italia. “I’ve always been at my clubs for a long time so it would be strange to leave Inter, a club who wanted me and who are trying to grow, after just one year. I’d like to grow with them.”
09.03 BST: Valencia coach Marcelino says he would like to continue coaching Rodrigo but there are no guarantees that will happen.
The Spanish forward is a reported target for Barcelona and Atletico Madrid, but is contracted to Los Che until June 2022 and has a €120m release clause.
“I see myself coaching him [Rodrigo] because he is a great footballer and very important to Valencia, ” Marcelino told Diario AS. “But I’m aware that the club and the player, if certain circumstances are met, can decide otherwise provided the situation of the transfer window is favourable to all parties.”
08.25 BST: Sporting Lisbon captain Bruno Fernandes has said his future is not known but he will make a decision based on the “sporting project.”
Fernandes, who won the UEFA Nations League trophy with Portugal on Sunday, is under contract with Sporting until June 2023 and has a €100m release clause.
The midfielder has attracted interest from Manchester United, Manchester City, Tottenham, Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain and Atletico Madrid after scoring 29 goals in all competitions this season, including 20 league goals.
“Regarding the future, there is still nothing,” Fernandes told Record. “I have to wait. I don’t know if it will happen already next season. But I’m calm because I’m under contract with Sporting.”
08.00 BST: Netherlands defender Matthijs de Ligt said he was asked about a move to Italian champions Juventus by Cristiano Ronaldo at the end of Sunday’s Nations League final, in which Ronaldo’s Portugal triumphed 1-0.
TV images showed Juve forward Ronaldo having a chat with De Ligt at the end of the game, and the Dutchman confirmed a possible move to the Italian side had been raised by the five-time Ballon d’Or winner.
“I didn’t understand him at first. I was a little shocked, so I laughed. But I didn’t say anything,” De Ligt told Dutch TV station NOS. “So soon after the game you are not at all concerned with it. You are disappointed that you have lost, and that is the only thing you are thinking about.”
The 19-year-old Ajax defender — whose impressive season as an Eredivisie-winning captain and a Champions League semifinalist has led to interest from Barcelona, Paris Saint-Germain and Manchester United — said he had yet to make up his mind over his future and was in no hurry to do so.
PAPER ROUND (by James Capps)
Brazil youngster catches Barcelona’s attention
Barcelona are keeping tabs on Pedrinho, who is with Brazil’s under-22 side at the Toulon tournament in France.
The 21-year-old plays for Corinthians in Brazil, and Sport claims he is no stranger to Barcelona scouts.
Despite wowing Camp Nou chiefs with his ability, there are doubts over whether Pedrinho can thrive in a physical European league, and that has so far deterred Barca from making a bid.
But they are expected to enter negotiations with their Brazilian counterparts imminently, and are braced for an expensive asking price.
Sarri finally set for Juve switch
Calciomercato claims Chelsea manager Maurizio Sarri will finalise his move to Juventus next week, following talks in Monaco over the weekend.
Sarri met Blues director Marina Granovskaia and owner Roman Abramovich, and it is claimed a deal was truck for the 60-year-old’s return to Serie A without Juventus having to pay compensation.
Sarri’s move to Turin leaves the future of Chelsea loanee Gonzalo Higuain in serious question, and the 31-year-old could find himself looking for yet another new club.
Belotti set to leave Torino
Belotti won’t come cheap, however, with Torino willing to sell for a minimum of €60m, which would almost double the transfer records of both sides leading the race.
Belotti netted six goals in the final eight games of the Serie A season to lead his side to a seventh-placed finish.
– Roma midfielder Maxime Gonalons could be set for a move to the Premier League after spending last season on loan at Sevilla.
L’Equipe reports that the 30-year-old is attracting interest from Everton and West Ham despite struggling with injuries last season.
– Sky Sports says West Ham are in talks with Marseille over a deal for French midfielder Morgan Sanson after the Ligue 1 club failed to qualify for the Champions League. Wolves have also been offered the chance to sign him.